Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Updates

Well, the last week has been a bit crazy: moving out of my house, helping 45 other people move out of my house (literally), moving everything out of the basement and first floor... I'm glad it's over with. Well, mostly over with. I still have a few odd and ends to fix up before leaving Berkeley for the month of June - during which I will be at BUST women's circus camp at Wise Fool in New Mexico!!!

But more about that to come.

For now, I'll just let you know what's happening on the My Beautiful Ride front. We've been talking to some people at Industrial Tattoo in Berkeley (my favorite place to get pierced because not only do they really know their stuff, but they're friendly) about creating some new designs for us. We're hoping to get some original artwork that we can turn into awesome decals. If you have ideas about the type of tattoo-style art you'd like to have on your car, you can e-mail me or my boss (caitlyn@mybeautifulride.com or terry@mybeautifulride.com); we'd love your feedback.

I also, before all the moving chaos, just finished sending out some free decals for the people that took our survey last month. We'll be doing this kind of stuff in the future, so if you want a free sample of the kind of stuff we have at mybeautifulride.com, you should check back here or at our twitter, tumblr, or myspace (oy... so many things!). Soon, we'll have stuff up on the website so that you can just request a free sample.

It looks like I'm not going to have the time to make a movie with my friend, Ben, before leaving for circus camp, so hopefully we'll just do that when we get back. I think we are going to make two. One kind of fun and funny of us putting a decal on an unsuspecting person's car and another kind of educational about how to take the decals off your car. We already have a video on the website that tells you how to put a decal on your car (surprisingly easy...), but we got some feedback from the surveys that people are concerned about being able to take them off, so we thought we'd address that concern - with a video.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a "How-To" article about sprucing up your car without making it a blatant advertisement for My Beautiful Ride (WikiHow tends not to like that)...

I suppose I could just post about it here... but I wonder how much google thinks the rest of the world cares about what I have to say on my blog and if it would even show up as a search result.

I'll keep *insert your name here* posted about what's to come and any special deals or fun stuff. I'll also tell you about circus camp, because, let's face it, it's going to be amazing and I'm not going to be able to stop myself from talking about it anyway.

Peace and Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment